How to prevent the bone fracture in aged people
With the advancing age, the physiologic aging happen in elder people, especially on the bone skeleton. When physiological aging happening in the bones of the human body, it will causes health condition likes osteopenia and osteoporosis, sometimes minor trauma may causes the elderly bone fracture.
So how to prevent fracture and help aged people to get away from the fracture?
Prevent osteoporosis or delay osteoporosis.
- in daily diet, aged people should eat more calcium rich foods, such as shrimp, bean products, sesame, milk and others. Especially milk that calcium content is relatively more higher than others. If the aged person who under the risk of osteoporosis consumption a cup of hot milk every night, not only good to sleep, but also better than calcium tablet that we buy from pharmacy. The elderly with better economic conditions can also take some calcium class health care production.
- the elderly should often go out for a walk and do some physical exercise. More sun exposure, can promote the body to synthesize more vitamin D, because vitamin D can promote the absorption of calcium.
- the elderly should regulate daily life rhythm , maintain a happy mood. Get rid of some bad habits, such as smoking, drinking, less walking and more sitting, because these bad habits are easily to induce osteoporosis.
Prevent sudden accidents happen.
Elderly movement is slow, they also have poor strain capacity and poor physical activity coordination. If aged people also have the risk of stroke，heart and kidney problems, more prone to accidents and falls. The clinical data showed that the fall is the direct reason of bone fracture in most of old people, so we should reduce the living environment of the hidden trouble of safety in aged people.
- The room temperature of the elderly should be maintained at around 18 degrees, so that the elderly can reduce dressing, it helps they can do some activity more flexible.
- In home, the light of the stairs should brighter little bit than usual. The bathroom floor should be non slippery and should keep dry. The bathroom and the toilet next to be install the handle for the elderly to use.
- The elderly should not to wear slippers. Rough bottom shoes is more suitable for them. Threshold should not too high and the living room furniture should be stable.
- The aged people should go out in rainy days as little as possible to reduce the prone to fall. If body feels a slight discomfort, should go to the hospital in time to reduce the potential risk of fracture or other bone diseases.